Anne Campbell wrote:
> I'm using IE6 for Windows. Firefox renders the site just fine, but in IE,
> there's a blue horizontal line above  the top
> of the main content area.
> http://www.pocketvenus.net/omnitrend/
> Anne Campbell
Anne,
I don't know what is causing the horizontal blue line.You are getting it
in Opera as well. You have no doctype. That may be part of the problem,
and might be the place to start.. Using this doctype(the xml declaration
above it puts ie in quirls mode), seems to work on a local file. Tidy
Online will clear up some markup corrections, too. Whether this will get
rid of the line, remains to be seen

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

 Others on the list will probably have more specific, and more helpul
suggestions.

If you are up for a tableless version, you are welcome to do whatever
you like with, or to, this: http://www.dlaakso.com/anne/anne.html> . It
is holding well if you can believe browsercam (24
shots)<http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=246818>; and.
adding text-align:center; to the body declaration should center it in
wi/ie5x.

Regards,
~davidLaakso

--