hi all

I was going through the bug reports on the Wiki, and I noticed this one
[http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FirefoxBugs] about Firefox not
respecting display:none on table columns. The bug indicates that IE6
gets it right by hiding the column in question. However, the CSS2.1 spec
[http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#q4] seems to indicate that
visibility:collapse is what's necessary to hide a table column -- and in
fact Firefox 1.5 supports this (Opera 8.5 and Safari 2.3 do not, but
neither do they support display:none -- except to hide any other styles
on the column).

Does anyone know where the bug is here? Is it true that IE has it right,
and that display:none *supposed* to work? Is Firefox 1.5 right in
supporting visibiity:collapse instead?

Thanks for your help.

cheers,
Lori