> I have a strange problem I have never seen before. I have two
> floated elements inside another floated element. The two in
> question are floated left and right with widths of 48% -
> effectively giving me two columns, one thing on the left, one
> thing on the right.
>
> The problem is in Firefox, the right floated element is being
> forced to a 100% width, even though the class specifies 48%.
> It works fine in IE strangely enough.
>
> The page in question can be seen at:
>
> http://www.pixelmech.com/rev/test.html
>
> The CSS is inline. The class/element in question is
> .float-left-half inside the #help-titlebar.
>
> Any help is appreciated. Currently I'm locally overriding the
> width inline to fix it, but that is highly undesireable...
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Tom,

Add a width of 99% to #help-titlebar (since you have 4px padding). You'll
need to adjust the way you handle padding if you want it to be 100%, but
adding a width to the parent will get Firefox to toe the line for ya.

Hope it helps.

Bill

| Bill Brown                     |
| Webmaster, MacNimble.com       |