On 5/22/06, Jono <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > When using this css for each div, how can I make it so that the divs
> > expand with the size of the text
>

> Brian,
>
> As neat as it sounds to expand your layout on text resize, you really have
> to consider your total page size first.  My site currently expands when
> text
> is resized and depending on how big a visitors needs the text to be, the
> layout begins to spread beyond a typical 1024x768 viewable area.
>
> I was pretty tedious to built (being that it was my first try at a
> completely tableless design) but definitely a good learning experience.
>
> Just keep in mind how much of your layout is going to expand beyond the
> "typical" viewable area on resize.  Zoom x2 is as big as my site will go
> at
> 1024 x 768...OK, but maybe it could be better.

creating designs that resize well goes a long way towards improving the
accessibility of the web.

i suggest setting a pixel font size for the body and using ems for your
units of measurement thereafter.
that way, everything will be in proportion to that font size, and will get
bigger and smaller with the text.
for some things, of course, pixels are still fine. it depends on the
situation and which part of the design it will affect.

i always, always make sure my sites can be resized to at least 2 sizes above
their default.
accessibility. it's the future.

·skye·