Mark Fellowes wrote:
> Hoping I can get some assistance on this type of layout.
> I've beein working through Mike Purvis's explanation and code and have made
> adjustments to my page which was originally elastic.
> If your familiar with Mike's tutorial then I used his bodydiv in the body
> style, I took the expander code for my wrapper div and added the sizer.  The
> only part I haven't put in yet is the max-width because right now it doesn't
> look like the jello is working correctly.  On my 1360x1024 resolution the
> text seems a bit large (in Firefox) set at  normal.  It does fill the screen
> though. Yet, when I set the rez to 800x600 I'm getting horz and vert
> scrollbars, which (correct me if I'm wrong) is not the way jello should be
> working.
> If anyone can look at my code and perhaps let me know where my errors are
> that would be greatly appreciated.
>
> http://pamshop.com/Template1/exp3.html
> Mark

Mark,
I am not familiar with the Jello layout. In your current layout you have
the #wrapper set at 72em(or 1162pixels). To clear the scroll bar at 800,
the width needs to be 780px(or less). Try setting the #wrapper to 48em
instead of 72em. Additionally, you show this twice:
body {
    /*font-size: 62.5%; */  <<<<<  delete this as it is commented out
and not functioning.
    font-size: 1em; <<<< add this
}
#secondaryContent p {
    font-size: 0.95em; <<<<add and try this(or 0.9em)
}
/* Side navigation */
#mainNav a, #mainNav a:visited {
font-size: 0.95em; <<<<add and try this(or 0.9em)
  }
#mainContent p {
    font-size: 1em; <<<< This controls the primary content font size.
And it is correctly set, IMHO, at default. However, not everyone in the
world agrees with me or my opinions. If you are among them, reduce this
to 0.95em or 0.9em
}
Regards,
~davidLaakso