As much as I enjoy a good laugh, I'm pretty tired of trying to track
down why my inline UL links (say it with me...) work fine in FF, Safari,
Opera, and Camino, but produce an amusing shell game in MSIE 5.5/Mac.

Shell game? Yes. Visit http://www.floralore.com/ with MSIE and roll the
mouse over the nav links at the top of the page. You should see links up
and down the line flashing like Christmas tree lights as you roll over
the line. Q: What link are you hovering over? No, wrong!

I should have left things alone, but noooo, I had to "improve" stuff. I
had a perfectly fine set of links (yes, a styled UL inline set) doing
their job with no showing off. Then I wanted to try the universal
identifiers of <body id="home"> and <li class="home"> to mark a current
page.I have set the UL LI back color to silver so that you can see that
the mouse over the LI area triggers a hover reaction farther down the
line. Boo hiss...!

Before giving up and using a standard vertical list, I'd be most
interested in what I'm missing with this. Anybody want to look?

Thanks,

Steve