hi rudi,

Click This IT Solutions wrote:
> I have a problem on my first CSS layout/design. The one thing I'm struggling
> with is to get the a:hover to work. It was working just fine and all of a
> sudden it stopped working after some minor adjustments to who knows what or
> where. I checked and moved it, redid it, added a:visited and a:active to see
> if that would sort it out but nothing.

first, your :hover class uses the same (foreground)color as the
background of .colB (on which it stands, #CCCCCC), so you won't see a
lot of the linktext anyway ;-)

besides that, make sure that your pseudo classes are in the order
:link, :visited, :hover, :active, :focus
(don't know where this order comes from and why it's so important, but
it works...)

> (BTW. Is it necessary to have the
> active and visited in the css file or is it acceptable to have only a:link
> and a:hover)

no you dont have to, the browser would then use the default color etc.
for those links (resp. use the settings the user chose).

> Please go easy on me with all the possible mistakes this site has, it's
> mainly for playing around until I get my css skills up to a beginner level.

doesn't look so bad, though! :-)

regards,
Sönke