Daniel Kessler wrote:
> http://hhp.umd.edu/studentservices/includes/navigation_dropdown.cfm
>
> The problem that I have is that because of the differences in size of
>  text between Safari, Firefox, and IE, the positioning of the
> javascript is off.

Making text fit exact positioning is a pretty unreliable approach.
Expect, and design for, a huge variation in font-size, as font-resizing
is up to the User - even in IE (with its 'ignore font sizes' option).

> I've implemented IE specific code comments but I didn't think it was
> a good solution.

You're right - it isn't. One version for all browsers will do (and the
"down-level" comment you're using isn't valid - and you've written it
wrong so it isn't working either).

You should rework your solution so positioning follows text-size, as
anything else will fail.

regards
        Georg
--