I have just built my first successful 3-column layout - 'proper' contents still
need adding.
It works well at 1024 res and above but when the viewport gets reduced (eg at
800 res) or if  Favourites is open on the side, the whole thing degrades badly
- ie page elements move out of place starting with the image placed in the
middle column.
I suspect it is because the text can resize because I have used  {margin:auto;}
as well as percentages for the body and the <div>s but the image has a fixed
width and shifts instead of resizing...
Is there a way I can get the image to behave like the rest and resize?

Many thanks to anyone willing to help me!

To test what I mean:
http://www.clairerich.co.uk