On 7/4/06, Michael Landis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/3/06, Richard Grevers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have been banging my head against one problem when
> > IE6 destroys the display:
> >
> > Test case at http://www.dramatic.co.nz/wfsm/test2.html - valid html/css

> Hi, Richard,
>
> It looks like there are two triggers. The oddly-overflowing blue
> background can be contained in the correct column by adding "zoom:1"
> to your #outer rule, and the background is further contained in the
> right parts of that column by adding "zoom: 1" to your .maincolumn
> rule.
>
> Typically I attack hasLayout issues by starting at the outermost
> container that looks like it isn't containing its contents like it
> should, then work my way in.

Thanks Michael

I am struggling with my conditional comments syntax. The MSDN
reference [1] does not give any examples of using comparison
operators.
If I use <!--[if lte IE 6]>  as per some example sites, the styles are
not applied.

But if I use <!--[if IE lte 6]>, the corrected styles are applied, but
for some reason IE (both 6 and 7) is displaying the conditional
comment code <!--[if IE lte 6]> <![endif]-->  at the top of the page

See http://www.dramatic.co.nz/wfsm/test3.html for a demonstration.

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/ccomment_ovw.asp
--
Richard Grevers, New Plymouth, New Zealand
Hat 1: Development Engineer, Webfarm Ltd.