I've never seen anything like this, so I've been pretty confused by
it. On my ne wabout page <http://uwmike.com/about/>, there are two
small images at the top of the right-hand column. The one on the left
is correctly overflowing (in both IE and FF), and sizing itself
depending on the window width.

The one on the right, however, is a little different. I want it to
overflow off the left edge of the frame instead of the right, but
simply "float:right" seems to work only in FF (and not IE, Safari, or
Opera). My solution is to "visibility:hidden" the tag itself, and then
display the actual image in the background of a wrapper. This way,
background-position may be used to position it either right or center.
(no, this is not a manual process; a wp filter is performing the
transformation...)

You can see if you compare IE to FF, though, it seems IE is completely
overlooking the background-position rule.

I realise that the example is sort of trivial, but I want this
functionality for other purposes. Anyone see what would throw IE's
background-position support for a loop? Or recognize this as some
other bug in disguise?

(Almost everything's floated, so I don't think HH does much, but
position: relative does have the strange behaviour of causing the
image boxes to move erratically about the page.)

Mike