Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have had another go at putting together a design with a fixed
> header/footer.
> The design is at:
> <http://www.swmug.co.uk/>
> <http://www.swmug.co.uk/wp-content/themes/frametheme/style.css>
>
> Could you please check the site for me and tell me whether it works in WinIE?
>
> Many thanks.

Richard,
AFAIK, the only methods that works for a fixed header and footer layout
to work in IE is for the file to be in quirksmode. And, even that, is
/not/ going to help with your current layout. Additionally, since you
are "Powered by Wordpress," unless things have change in the last six
months, WP can't parse a document with an xml declaration above the
doctype. Whether using a comment above the doctype to put IE in
quirksmode will work in IE7 is a question for someone else to answer.
Regards,
~dL

--

http://chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/ccs/pow/pow.html