On 7/17/06, Maciejewski, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are adding ALT text to all of our images. We have a few images that
> are linked from our CSS for notes, tips, warnings, etc.
>
> The code looks like this:
> background-image: url(folder/image.gif);
>
> Is it possible to add ALT text to this?

no help from me (sorry!), but i do have a question.  if the image is
important enough to warrant alt text, why is it a background image
instead of part of the markup of the page?  keep in mind that
background images do not have nearly the same importance as images
placed in the markup as part of the actual page.  for example,
backgrounds aren't, by default, printed.