On 7/17/06, Maciejewski, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's a new standard to comply with handicap accessibility - we have to
> include ALT text for all images (this is for an online WebHelp system).
> But, you mentioned "important enough" that made me think...it makes
> since to exclude these as an exception to the rule, because they may not
> be that important...

perhaps if you have a page we can look at, you'd get suggestions or
comments directly related to your question.  my opinion, personally,
is that if you need alt text, it's a markup graphic.  i wouldn't think
blind people, for example, really care if you have a pink background
with blue lines through it or if your headers have a fading green
gradient behind them.

a few other replies so far echo the things i would have added, so i'll
let you read those instead of repeating.  :)