I'm not going to directly address your question.

First thing you should do is to validate your CSS and HTML. I tried
and found multiple errors. Correcting those validation errors makes
things go much smoother.

You can validate your html or xhtml at <http://validator.w3.org>.
You can validate your CSS at <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/>

And there is a wonderful extension for Firefox that has links to
these and other validators as well as a host of useful tools. It's
called Web Developer and is available free at :<http://
chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/>

Try these things and then if you still have issues - reframe the
question.

> Hi everyone, this is my first post to the list.
>
> I've been working on a site where I have a horizontal row of
> thumbnails for navigation, and they seem to somehow expand (or
> something) in Firefox. When this happens some of them go vertical,
> but not usually all...it seems somewhat random how many kick down
> and when it happens.
>
> the link to the page is here:
>
> <http://www.hypertransitory.com/comics.php>
>
> css is here: