On 8/1/06, old9 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi cj, thanks for your reply.
>
> I think I'd represent my problem here, well, what I need is a customized CSS
> rule, not a regular one, it could be something like:
> .class1{
>   -my-rule: "my value";
> }
>
> and I want to access the "-my-rule" rule in javascript.
> In Internet Explore, I can manipulate that rule through
> element.currentStyle["my-rule"] to get the value "my value", and I need a
> similar approach in Firefox and Opera.

my "workaround" might not be the best approach, but i don't think i
was clear enough when explaining it.

let's say what you *want* to do is something like:

.wrapper {
        background: #ffffcc;
        font-size: 1em;
        text-align: center;
        -my-ff-rule: something;
        }

and what i'm saying you could do is:

.wrapper {
        background: #ffffcc;
        font-size: 1em;
        text-align: center;
        }

.fix-ff {
        -my-ff-rule: something;
        }

then toggle having that "fix-ff" class on the element.  it's not
exactly what you want, i already know that.  however, for lack of
anything better, you could try it at least.