Vicki Stebbins wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've just begun a redesign of a site (a love job) and am having trouble
>with my navigation div.
>
>In IE the popout menu appears but you can only select the top menu item, in
>other words if it shows:
>    * cats
>    * dogs
>only cats can be selected and the menu disappears for dogs.
>
>In Opera the width of the div grows to house the popout menu within the div
>instead of popping out outside of the div.
>
>Works fine in FF and validates well for the CSS and xhtml.
>
>I'm trying to keep this site easy and clean and easy to update... the
>previous site has ended up cluttered and difficult to maintain other the
>cats and dogs.
>
>The page is at http://www.animalrights.org.au/new/
>CSS at http://www.animalrights.org.au/new/styles/arrg.css
>
>I've used the menu before and didn't have this problem but this time I was
>wanting the main nav to show as the boxes.
>
>Hoping someone can help.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Vicki

Hi Vicki,
I guess it is something in the margins and paddings of the secondary
menu, which is causing that IE loses focus and disappears.
I've made an example of a quite similair menu, maybe you can use some of
that:
"The Keyboardfish"
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/the_Keyboardfish.htm>

Greetings,