Kim Brooks Wei wrote:
> I get a message showing an upside down question mark before the start
> of the declaration header. But there is no such character in my text,
> not even as an invisible character.

I've never seen this before either, but this may help. I think you
probably also have to remove an empty paragraph tag.

http://www.masuga.com/2005/11/06/wtf-is-up-with-these-extra-characters/
"It’s a character encoding issue. Those three characters are: 0xef 0xbb
0xbf (or U+FEFF, a zero-width, non-breaking space) in Unicode, but
represented in ISO-8859-1. This is a Byte Order Mark…"

http://forum.statcounter.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-19586.html
"I had <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">
but I was saving it in notepad as UTF-8. I guess that created the
conflict. I now have:
and it works beautifully."

Hope this helps,
Regards,