~davidLaakso wrote:
> david wrote:
>> ~davidLaakso wrote:
>>> A quick check of this simple page
>>> <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/frost/> with what you are
>>> running  is appreciated. Just trying to pull out any problems or
>>> issues that I may have overlooked, or that I am not aware of.
>> The column for the second poem is too narrow for the lines to run all
>> the way across, and when the lines wrap, it's hard to follow the poem.
>> I wonder if you could do a "hanging indent" somehow for poem lines?
> I know what you mean. I was not able to make it work at all resolutions,
> zoom settings using any method. I think I'd need a different layout with
> a wider measure  for that particular poem ( or, I'll have to wake Frost
> up from the dead and have him revise his poem to fit my need :-D ).

Well, one thought that occurred to me was to put one poem first,
followed by the other, in a single column.

>> Also,there's a missing line break after the first line of that poem -
>> at least going by how you seem to be breaking the poem lines in the HTML.
> Thanks. Corrected (I think).

Hmmm, I still see:

"My long two–pointed ladder's sticking through a tree Toward heaven still,"

See where "Toward" is? I think you need a break right after "tree".

>> Four font enlarges were enough to make the birth--death years come out
>> of the right column. I think if you changed it to be "birth - death"
>> (spaces before and after dash) it would break instead of come out. But
>> that's not something I'd worry about much.
> Yes, fixable.

Figured it would be.

>> I think I'd like more contrast between the bio text in the left column
>> and the background.
> Thanks. Done. Bumped it, but will need to check it in daylight as
> artificial light blows away color (for me).

Yes, that does it fine. It makes the bio text look sharper than it did
before.

BTW, I've got daylight coming from both sides of me, and a
daylight-spectrum flourescent lamp on the desk.

>> Using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Linux, 15.4" 1280x800 display, in a 932x775
>> viewport.
>>
>> Nice page. You always do great designs when it comes to color and
>> layout selections.
> Now, if I could just get the stuff I put in layouts, to work with those
> layouts, things will be better...

That's the way all layout (web or other!) is best done: with the actual
content in it!

--
David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]