Todd Sweet wrote:

> "The easiest way to do this is just to assign the heading a left margin
> equal to the width of #navcontainer so that it moves out from underneath
> the float. This doesn't appear to be a problem for your page since your
> #navcontainer is a fixed and known width."
>
> Reply:
>
> Thank you.  Yes, I knew from troubleshooting that adding a margin
> would bump the bg-image out from under the float.  However, since
> other <h2>s will need to flow beneath the navigation bar I didn't want
> to apply a margin-left to all <h2> elements.  Knowing there is no
> alternative I can simply create a class for the first couple <h2>s.

There are actually alternatives. If you're interested in them, please
post the URL to your page again, and I'm sure somebody will help you
with it (though I can't be sure that the alternatives wouldn't also
involve classing the specific h2s in question -- they may or may not
require such a thing. I'd have to play and see.)

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater
Design Services Manager