To: CSS List
Subject: [css-d] overflow: auto elements receiving focus when tabbing

I have a form that I structured using a div wrapped around each
label-input pair. I floated the labels, so in order to make the divs
contain the floats, I added overflow: auto to them. This worked fine,
but it resulted in the divs receiving focus as I tried to tab from form
field to form field in Firefox. This was mildly annoying, so I replaced
it with floating the divs, which also contained the floats and didn't
have such a side effect.

But I'm curious whether Firefox's behavior is correct. Are elements with
overflow: auto supposed to receive focus? Or are they not? ....

I am not qualified to answer that, but the divs work without the
overflow:auto.

Ian