On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:06:44 -0400, Marc wrote:

> So yeah, I reverted to tables.  I'm so tired of fighting with CSS,
> browser differences, and a much lower productivity rate than I used
> to have, that at this point I'm starting not to care.  I thought I
> had planned out the css on this site well enough to be able to
> institute changes fairly easily, and I was horribly wrong.  CSS is
> killing my business...

Interesting. How is it that you find tables easy, and I do not?

I began my first web class four years ago. Having used some SGML
years ago for documentation on IBM mainframes, I thought HTML
would be easy. Not so! The class was all about tables! By the time
I was finished, I couldn't figure out what the heck a page was about
from looking at the source, buried as the content was by HTML tags
and acres of attributes and spacer gifs and ...

The very last exercise did not explicitly call for tables for layout.
So I did it in CSS. Target browsers were NN4 and IE5 Windows at
800 x 600.

I just revisited this exercise in IE7 - and it still works. I did not
find it easy, but it was certainly, for me, not harder than tables.
Furthermore, I see that I can read and update either content or style
without the one massively impacting the other.

What, I have to ask, is easy about tables?

Cordially,
David