2006/10/16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] :
> Good afternoon,
>
> The Government of Canada is rolling out its next iteration of guidelines that
> governmental departments must adhere to, and I'm just in the process of
> writing up a
> constructive critique.
>
> One of the things I would like to see is height and width removed from image
> tags and
> instead be defined in the CSS. I have a number of recurring icons throughout
> my sites,
> and in the past I have been able to change the icons by simply overwriting
> the old
> version with the new one and updating the dimensions in the CSS accordingly.
>
> However, some other developers are leery of leaving them off. Are there any
> drawbacks
> or best practices I should know about?

Good afternoon,

CMS are necesseraly used by governmental departments. IMHO, the major
drawback of your solution would be to prevent users of such tools to
choose the size of the image they wish to include in a page (thanks be
to God, CMS users cannot modify a style sheet...)

This solution might be good in many cases, but a disaster in some
other situations.

Amitiés
--
Philippe  DE MOURA