Jon Hughes wrote:

>I am a graphic designer aspiring to be a web developer.
>[...]
>I didn't think it (css) would be this hard!
>[...]
Hi Jon,
It is this hard indeed! But going on step by step somewhere you'll reach
a point where the basics are enough to make pages doing what you want. :-)
And most of all: make Internet Explorer doing what you want. ;-)
I don't have practical advise [1], but your question was inspiring me to
write a small story.
Just for relaxing between all difficult things:

    * The Graphical Designer and the CSS Zen Guru
      <http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/guru-1.htm>

Lots of succes,
francky

[1]
Just one: to get flexible rounded corners, you can have a look at:

    * Liquid round corners
      <http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/liquidcorners/liquidcorners.htm>