Amazing, they finally installed tabs.  Isn't Microsoft extraordinary!

Does anyone know anything about the relationship between this version
and CSS and other web standards?  There is nothing I could see on the
Microsoft introductory site that mentions this.  I guess it's not
surprising given who Microsoft is, but for most web designers this
will be the critical issue.

Or is this going to mean one more web browser to fix things for.  I
guess Microsoft could keep issuing browsers that were less and less
compliant and end up taking up all of everyone's time.

Maybe it'll run so badly that people will finally stop using IE
entirely.

Here is a relevant link folks on this list might be interested in:

http://humor.beecy.net/geeks/web-design/web-design.gif

--Kenoli