On Oct 22, 2006, at 7:48 PM, Thierry Koblentz wrote:

>> Is there a way to test how a site looks in all the major browsers
>> online?  I have a Mac and I run FF 1.5.  It is useless for me to test
>> on IE 5 for Mac as it is now obsolete.  I don't want to have to fire
>> up my old Dell laptop to test a site.  So is there a way to check how
>> a site looks online?  Like a browser emulator?
>
> IMHO, you should still make sure that your sites are "accessible" in
> ie Mac.
> Regarding emulators à la Browsercam, there are many issues screenshots
> do
> not reveal.
> It is better to use a service like "BC-Remote" because it lets you see
> how
> your layout behaves when you change the width of the viewport, when you
> hover over links, etc. etc.

Actually, browsercam offers both screenshots and remote access. I use
screenshots for the first pass, and if everything looks okay I
double-check with the remote access. True, browsercam ain't cheap, but
you can have up to 20 people on one account. Find 19 others to go in on
a membership with you and it comes down to something like twenty bucks
a year. I found 19 other people through www.fundable.org.

Regards,

Julie Hathaway
www.pilcrow.biz