Richard Brown wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am using <div style="clear:both;"> to clear floats. But in my design
>the div adds a space between the other divs which is frustrating. The
>site is at:
><http://www.tregrehan.co.uk/?page_id=6>
>
>Basically the image of the letter needs to butt up against each other
>and also the nav bar. The css is at:
><http://www.tregrehan.co.uk/wp-content/themes/tregrehan/style.css>
>
>Any ideas how I can stop this please?
>
>Thanks.

Hi Richard,
If you disable the images and give a background-color to each div, the
diagnose becomes clear:

    * testpage
      <http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-Tregrehan.htm>
      (wrapper background is pink)

The wrapper has a width of 800px, the left-side div's are 300px, the
right side div's are 480px > gap of 20px! ;-)

Then be careful with a content of a "&nbsp;" in an empty div - it is a
Non Breaking SPace, so is has the width and height of a space!
To give something in an empty div, you better can give a fancy comment:

This way IE doesn't give the default line-height to the div (especially
disturbing for clearing div's).

Success and greetings,
francky