[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've just finished this website, and to the best of my knowledge everything
>is XHTML and CSS valid.
>
>I've tried to make the site as accessible as I can, but I'm requesting a
>site check just in case I've missed anything.
>
>Regards
>Chris

Hi Chris,
General impression: good work!
Maybe you can add a hidden link (on screen, margin-left: -9999px or so)
"skip to main content" and the words "Main menu...:" just before the
menu-items (like "In this section...:" before the links to those items),
then visitors in textreaders don't have to listen the menu-items in
every page before they can hear the topics of the page itself. (though
they can jump to the second H1).
- Can be useful for the no-style visitors too.

On the page "whynsbhs.php" the list items are used as a kind of
headings. In fact only the first (bold) line is a list item/heading, the
rest are normal paragraphs. Seen/heard in Fangs, it is quite a lot of
text before the next bullet of the list is coming.

    * screenshot Fangs

<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/images/screenshot-nsbhs.png>

An alternative can be: use real headings for the bold lines, and style
them for screen as list-items-without-list, just as the are now:

#sixReasons h2 { display: list-item; font-size: ..em; }
#sixReasons p  { margin-left: 40px; }

See css2.1 specs <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#display-prop>.

Greetings,
francky

PS: "holistic approach to education" > without the 50% female part of
mankind: where are the girls? ;-)