This is very interesting. I installed a Google map into my site last
weekend, and it used CDATA. I wondered what it was for, but didn't
investigate. It also had some proprietary code for microsoft, but I deleted
it and it still seems to work fine. The Google code seems to have validation
errors whenever it sees a closing tag in one of the map's point's text
balloons, but I wasn't going to worry about it.

Merry Christmas,
R.B. Gottier
Temecula, CA

Hi All, I have a question regarding this bit of syntax I see several
people using:

/* <![CDATA[ */

css stuff here....

/* ]]> */

The only time I've used CDATA is creating a DTD. What is it's
usefulness/purpose here?

THanks

chrispallé
blueflamecreative*