On 20/12/06, Barney Carroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Raf,
>
> This site is fantastic - there's loads of fantastic little bits of css
> here I'd like to pull apart. The overflow selector for the drop-down
> menu is very, very cool.
>
> Sadly this wouldn't work for me because I can't select the parent of a
> :hover element (besides, the flyouts are only revealed after the a -
> they're not hover-based), and in any case toggling the overflow would
> cause the page to become 30000 pixels high.
>
> Regards,
> Barney

Hi Barney

I'm glad you liked it, I've been at it for a few weeks now. Unfortunately I
keep adding more complex CSS to it that only Firefox, Opera and Safari
understand and I fear the fix for IE6 is going to be a hell of a job! I'll
just have to add more classes and ids for it.

This is an area where I think CSS is quite deficient. The inability to
affect the parent of something like you say. Something like #item <
div:hover {color:red;} would be nice, and I've wanted it before (where <
selects the parent). Unfortunately it seems like you might have to resort to
javascript. You can't just apply :hover to the parent directly?

All the best,

Rafael