Hello,

We have a left menu composed of two levels of unordered lists, and the art
director would like a fine gradient line above and below the subsidiary UL.

If it were just a fine grey line I could use:

#leftnav ul ul {
border-top: 1px solid #eee;
border-bottom: 1px sold #eee;
}

That requires no manual effort by the site maintainer.

I can create the effect manually by having a class applied to the first and
last items in the sub UL like:

.line_over {
background:url(/images/left-nav-bar.gif) no-repeat top left;
}
and
.line_under {
background:url(/images/left-nav-bar.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
}

That requires the page maintainer to manually insert the classes into the
respective ul ul li tags, and I'd like to make life simpler for them.

An example with both menus is at: http://advancewm.com/test_menu.htm

Does anyone have a better solution?

Thank you -- Tony Lush

http://AdvanceWebMarketing.com