then Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
> Yes...
> <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_15.html>
> <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_17.html>
> ...but I don't know if any of the above can be adapted to your case
> without seeing the case.
>
> regards
>     Georg

Thanks Georg.

My apologies for the delay, but after some time away from this project
(and a holiday!) I have finally returned to it and settled on a
compromise across browser land, managing to convince the client of this
also. I'm still pretty much where I was beforehand, in that IE can't
quite do what I want (compare Firefox or Opera to IE on PC to see the
difference), but now I'm using your position fixed implementation, as
opposed to the tagsoup [1] approach. It just seems cleaner and easier.
I'm still not happy with the actual design, but have little choice as
this is what I was given and this is what the client wants - period. It
handles font-resizing *ok* in good browsers, but at text size
larger/largest in IE on PC the footer goes a little haywire in its
alignment. This seems due to the #hnav expanding the #footer-inner
beyond its specified width, and I can fix this if I float the #hnav list
items (they then wrap), but that has another trade-off in that I can no
longer horizontally center the navigation. Go figure. However, its not
critical and I can live with it, but if there is a fix for this I'd love
to know it.

Example URI: http://www.hokonuimoonshinefest.co.nz/food.html

[1] http://tagsoup.com/cookbook/css/fixed/

Mark