Hi,

http://www.neilparishmep.org.uk/new/index.html

I want the right hand column to run down the entire page regardless
of the amount of content.

For the majority of the pages the central column will be taller than
the right - but by varying amounts.

I do not want to add a fixed height to the central column because
this would then have to have an - overflow: scroll; which would look
ugly.

Likewise I cannot fix the right hand column to greater than it's
content because if the centre column does not have much content this
too would look weird.

So I was pointed in the direction of faux columns. Thanks Mandy 7
George, but your example can only be used for fix width layouts.

The example; http://alistapart.com/articles/fauxcolumns/

So, I looked for alternatives and found this;

http://www.ilovejackdaniels.com/css/faux-columns-for-liquid-
layouts/           (this also works 3 column;      http://
meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2004/09/03/sliding-faux-columns/    )

But this only works for liquid layouts. - i have a liquid central
column (expandable), but a fix width right hand column.  From looking
at these two examples I can't picture how background-repeat: y; could
work for me.

If this is indeed the case could someone help me to make the changes
to my 3 columns - to make the entire page liquid. I only ask because
of all the hard work I have done in order to get this layout as it is
(plus a deadline).

Kind regards, Chris

Christopher Blake
[EMAIL PROTECTED]