Please be kind, CSS - web design isn't really my expertise ...

I've created a few web pages and managed to create something
that looked OK in Safari, OmniWeb and Firefox. Then I used my
sons PC and used Explorer 6 ... disaster.

I looks like Explorer 6 doesn't handle max-width, min-width and
margin: auto.

So my design looks pretty awful on Explorer 6, so my questions are:

+   How common is Explorer 6, should I bother to try to fix this?

+   Is there some simple way of fixing this (I tried to find some
     reference of how to fix it but I didn't find anything)?

My "problem code" looks like this:

#pagecontent
{
     padding: 30px 4px 0 4px;