From: Gunlaug Sørtun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "hiptojive @hotmail.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] need some help - MAC IE broswer + Safari problems and some text tag help
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 01:20:08 +0100

hiptojive @hotmail.com wrote:
[...] On Safari and IE, it's about a pixel off on the right hand content pane, because of the border i have put on it. And then on IE
 the left hand nav pane is really off (too short).  Any insight as to
 how to fix this problem would be HUGELY appreciated.

We usually solve such problems by letting the browsers adjust on their
own, so it looks alright in all browsers. That's easier than to count
and correct such differences across browser-land.

Usually that means "avoiding 'position: absolute'" for large parts of
our layouts.

[...] Apparently "Apple-chancery" or "zapf chancery" should work for Safari because it seems to be installed on most Macs, but it doesn't work. Am i coding this incorrectly?

A missing '}' at the end of that declaration. Some browsers will then
correctly ignore the entire declaration, while others will use what they
can.

www.thestudioformovement.com

of course any other feedback would also be very helpful and appreciated.

I found it quicker to rewrite the parts I found less good or not
working, instead of explaining how to correct them one by one. Here is
a cross-browser (win & Mac) tested example you can compare with your
existing page...

<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/test_07_1230.html>

I've used floats and float-containment, and a list with anchors for
navigation. I've left the details to you.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no