Kevin J Pledger wrote:
> One the page in the link, www.oneyed.com/mt . I want to be able to make that
> image as background in #banner within the CSS file so its the same on all
> pages.
>
> After looking at various pages and trying to understand the different types
> of coding, I put in this line ( background : url(images/mt2.jpg) #fff; ) and
> as I thought it wasnt visible. When the #fff is removed the image appears,
> but breaks the page. I want to be able to retain the white background as the
> banner covers the width of the page, so the image will have to be centered.
Kevin,

The background CSS property is a culmination of several individual
properties. Does it work if you set those separately? I.e.:

background-image: url(images/mt2.jpg);
background-color: #fff;
background-position: top center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;

If you want to put it in one property, browsers tend to be specific
about the order of things if you use more than one value. From the CSS spec:

background: [background-color] [background-image] [background-repeat]
[background-attachment] [background-position]

See http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS201/colors.html#propdef-background for more
information.

HTH,
Rick.