On 1/26/07, martin f krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear list,

> If you look at the top menu bar as well as the subcategories below
> the page's <h1>, you'll see how the vertical padding on the <a>
> elements (as well as <li.current>) I was using to try to make the
> navigation bars a bit thicker doesn't actually do what I want.

"A" is an inline element and so of course rules designed for
application to block elements won't work.  Fortunately you can make
them work with "display: block;" - for example

                 li a  {display: block;}

That will fix up all "a" elements nested inside an "li" element.

For ie it's best to give "a" elements inside "li" elements a "height:
100%;" rule, too.

--
Ed Seedhouse