Thanks to all.

Sorry if I'm looking for answers in the wrong place. I'm new to CSS and
perhaps don't use all the proper terms.
This is not a structural division. It's just a presentational issue.
I don't have a url, I've been testing locally. But to try and explain
what I mean:  some sites have their About Us and Contact links off in a
corner off the main navigation bar, usually in their own div or link
style. I was thinking of keeping them in the same line of vision as the
main navigation, same size, only offset them visually by background color.

Robyn