On 3/13/07, j t <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to get two bits of text to sit on opposite sides
> (left/right) of a header, and various sources suggest using the
> "opposing floats" method. The problem that I have with that is that
> the opposing floats "top align (which becomes apparent when the text
> sizes differ.

I found another suggestion on this page:
http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=529B0
(written by John Gallant and Holly Bergevin) which talks about using
absolute positioning. I've set up an example here:

http://www.sourceworks.co.uk/communityMxExample

This is great, apart from how the text disappears off the top of the
page when I manually increase its size. This (I guess) is due to the
containing box not expanding to enclose its contents (which in turn is
because the contents use absolute positioning).

Just in case my first post didn't clearly explain what I'm after,
here's an ascii-art picture (it should make sense in a monospace
font):

\  /