Gate Wizard wrote:
> There is now means to embed a flash movie via CSS that I am aware of.

Hi Mike,
Indeed, but css can be used to style an embedded flash file, like css
can style almost everything.

    example test page
    <http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-css-flash.htm>

> Sorry, but this topic is not what this CSS-Discussion list is about.
>
> peace,
> -G7W

... though the css-Wiki of this list has a special page about html/css
valid [1] embedding of external objects. ;-)

    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ExternalObjects

Maybe you can find some useful tips over there (I used a link for my
testpage).

Greetings,
francky

[1]
Also here is an on-topic relationship, I think.
If the w3c html-validator doesn't validate due to the embedding, then
the w3c css-validator doesn't work on the url of the html of that page.
If you want to validate the css in such a case, you can:

    * test the separated styles.css files by url, or
    * test the separated styles.css files by upload, or
    * test the css by direct input.

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/