Silk-Works wrote:

> I'm not sure the version of IE6 from http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE is
> behaving as IE6 completely.
>
> I think it is rendering as IE6, but not accepting the separate stylesheet
> I'm feeding it. The version of IE6 appears to be IE7, under Help>About.
>
> The problem I'm trying to resolve is that on
> http://www.jones-morris.co.uk/
>
> www.jones-morris.co.uk/styles/styles.css
> www.jones-morris.co.uk/styles/stylesIE.css
>
> James

I think you /are/ getting IE 6 with the multiple install of IE, and it
is not working as you intend in IE 6 on this end or your end.
I am not sure-- try:
<!--[if lt IE 7]>
* html  #foo{ position:  static; }
* html  #foobah { top:  0; }
<![endif]-->
Precede the selectors with the star hack. And only target the particular
selector rule (s) that needs to be different for IE 6 and down. Enclose
these selectors in a less than version 7 CC (to test-- feed them from an
external style sheet in the final version).
Best,
~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/