On 5/23/07, Michael Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
While this last is true, I think we have to realize that the web is not a
fixed medium, it is a flexible one.  The vast majority of folks have either
set their default font sizes according to their preferences, or have
accepted the browser default because it doesn't bother them enough to find
out how to change it.

If this is so, then if you set your body font to 100% as David suggests, you
will be least likely to offend the largest part of your audience.  On the
other hand if you use 13px for a default font size I will not be able to
read your page without resizing it, a nuisance to me.  That alone, depending
on my mood, may well be (often is) enough to send me away without reading
further.

--
Ed Seedhouse