Hello,

I am working on a site build and cannot work out how to code a design
feature _if_ the site has to be centred. I wonder if anyone knows how
to do this:

(I have the go ahead from my superior to make the site left-aligned,
but this is a compromise. the site needs to be centred for it to be
viewable at 800X600. I'm too curious to let this problem go!)

The layout is a centred box. There are 3 content sections in rows.
Each has a heading and each has a horiztonal rule after it. Both the
heading and the horizontal rule have background shading that stretches
out to the left edge of the screen.

If the site is centred, how can I make sure that these background
images will repeat to the leftmost edge of the viewport when the
browser is resized? or if the site is viewed on a large resolution
monitor (21" plus).

and, if the browser is resized to 800X600 the site must be centred in
order to fit, as it is 798px wide.

Any tips are most welcome! I've tried using absolute positioning but I
think I''m too confused now!

Kind regards,
Simone
--