Hello Rick,

I realised i sent a reply to Bert personally instead of to the list -
so I repeat what I said to him here as it addresses your request:

Hello Bert,

Thank you for your help; I understand without code visualisation is
difficult! However for legal reasons I cannot post code up. (the site
is not live yet)

Your advice hit on an essential point - the crux of my problem is that
the <h2>s and <hr />s have to be within the wrapping container.

the site is to be a case study in creating accessible but beautiful
;-) websites. I need to maintain meaningful structures in my source
code, so I can't place the <h2> and <hr /> outwith the parent
container. if at all possible...

------------------------------------
        *                         *
        *                         *
        *                         *
        *                         *
        *                         *
        *                         *

This is a diagram to demonstrate the layout. the **** represent the
parent container <div>. the ------------ represent the viewport. The

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Simone

On 20/06/07, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can we view the problem site?
>
> Rick

Simone Hutchinson