With respect David you are wrong and this is NOT the same question. This has
nothing to do with any other question it is a simple font question and asking
how to get the same effect as font size 11px with ems or percentages. Just
because I haven´t implemented your 5 column layout doesn´t mean that I haven´t
read the other answers and doesn´t mean that I am not implementing the ideas.

David Laakso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  trevor bayliss wrote:
> I am continuing my css journey and have been playing around with this and
> can´t seem to get the right results using ems or font-size:small on my body
> css:
> body {padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background: #ffffff repeat-x 50%
> top; padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; font: 11px tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
> color: #4d4d4d; padding-top: 0px}
>
> I just want the text under the text under the headlines in these screengrabs
> to look exactly the same but not using pixels. From a visual perspective all
> my em and other attempts look damn ugly and the only thing that looks pro is
> pixels (which I can´t use because they don´t resize in IE):
>
> http://216.219.94.105/ie.jpg
>
> http://216.219.94.105/firefox.jpg
>
> TIA

Forgive me Treavor, and everyone else, but it is wearing a little thin.

Your question(s) have been answered under different subject lines by
several knowledgeable and talented list members over the past 10 or 12
days. Some of us have answered your question(s) more than once. One of
us provided an explanation and a layout that resolved the issues you
have. Sooner or latter you have to bite the bullet and read the replies
to your various posts. And do something different than re-writing the
same question(s) over again under a different subject line.

If you are stuck and just don't get it, write me off-list.

~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/