On 7/16/07, Rachel Vidrine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This issue has probably been covered before, but it wouldn't hurt for
> someone to ask it again.
>

> When floating an image to the left or right of a paragraph, what is the CSS
> to prevent the last line(s) of the paragraph from continuing under the
> image? I just want the last lines to continue under the other lines, not
> underneath the image.
>

> Please see the last line of the following page:

Or various lines depending on viewport width and font sizing :-) Until
I resized my window it looked perfect, with the second paragreaph
starting beneath the camelia image

> HYPERLINK
> "http://www.fortvalleyrealestate.com/"http://www.fortvalleyrealestate.com/

One solution is to move the image out of the <p> (ahead of it) and
give the paragraph margin-left equal to the width of the image +
margin. Not particularly robust, as you have to change the margin if
you change to a different width image, and you have to decide what you
want to happen with the second paragraph.

What CSS needs is some sort of orphan protection with floats :-)

--
Richard Grevers, New Plymouth, New Zealand
Dramatic Design www.dramatic.co.nz