On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:48:14 +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> I solved my own issue, though I don't really understand why.
>
> For some reason, this doesn't display any image at all:
> background-image:url(image.png);
>
> But this does display the image:
> background:url(image.png);
>
> Do I have the syntax incorrect in some way? Or do I misunderstand the purpose
> of
> "background-image"?

Hi Dave,
Looking at your original post, I am seeing this declaration:

    background-image:url(footerbreak.png) no-repeat;

And, yes, that syntax is incorrect. The "no-repeat" value may only
be used for the background-repeat property, or as part of the
"background" shorthand property.

You may use "background: url(image.png);" as you say, which will
default to "repeat"; or you could use
     "background: url(image.png) no-repeat;"
which is what you appeared to be attempting.

Cordially,
David