On Aug 7, 2007, at 8:55 PM, Ian Young wrote:

>> Pity really as it was beginning to look quite good across various
>> screen
>> resolutions. Looks as if Safari PC not too keen on position:absolute
>>
>> See http://www.iyesolutions.co.uk/templates/trossachs/index-4.html
>>
>> Any thoughts, folks?
>>

> I have prepared a simplified version at:
>
> http://www.iyesolutions.co.uk/templates/trossachs/height-test.html
>
> The style rules are in the header.
>
> And it seems that it is the position:relative in the outer div
> which is the
> start of the issue for Safari

I don't know which display you consider 'correct'. Latest Webkit
build (post Safari 3.03b) and Opera 9.22 display exactly the same.
If you wrap your 'Hello moto' in  a <p>, then Fx 2.0, Opera, Webkit,
Safari 3.0 and Minefield (FX 3 alpha) all agree.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>