Snadden Tim wrote:

> Recently I needed to set a background image on <body> in order to create
> full height faux columns. I found that if font size is set on <body>
> that IE still uses the default font size to position the background
> image. To get around it I ended up putting the background image on a div
> instead.
>
> Here is a demo:
> http://snadden.com/demo/ie-background.htm
>
> Has anyone else come across this before? Are there any other ways around
> this?
>
> Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim

both the following show the background image at 20em

html {
        background: #FFF url(right-shadow.gif) repeat-y 10em;
        font-size: 2em;
}

div { /* with containing div in html */
        background: #FFF url(right-shadow.gif) repeat-y 10em;
        font-size: 2em;
}

but if the same style is used on the body, the bug is present showing 10em in
IE and 20em in Firefox.

body {
        background: #FFF url(right-shadow.gif) repeat-y 10em;
        font-size: 2em;
}

Another IE bug surely. I would recommend using font-size:200%; so not to set of
another IE bug when using em on the body.

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsingEms

Kind Regards, Alan

Kind Regards, Alan