Good morning CSS-d list

Do you know of a font-size checker.  I don't fully trust firebug's layout
measurement when it comes to font-sizes, as I think it gives a value for the
entire area that the font covers rather than the equivalent value in
pixels.  Or am I wrong and I should trust firebug?

I appreciate, the measured font-size will vary across DPI's etc, but it
would be very useful to have a benchmark.  I have been using the Owen Briggs
method for some time now, but increasingly I get bugs returned from clients
saying the fonts vary from the original design, so I'm losing faith in Owens
method, and am wondering if perhaps a fixed font size is the root to go,
making a seperate stylesheet for IE6.  As all browsers resize fonts apart
form IE6.

Any help or thoughts are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kristina

Owen Briggs method :
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/typography/index.html